Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Interesting Stats... Take a Look!

4 posters

Go down

Some Interesting Stats... Take a Look! Empty Some Interesting Stats... Take a Look!

Post by Stonehouse Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:36 pm

The WCC has updated stats up:

http://wccsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2008-2009/confldrs.html

The Pilots are first in the WCC (and 12th in the country!) in field goal percentage: 50.8%. But somehow we are last in FT percentage: 66%. Explain that to me. scratch

Best of all, Kramer has made 18 of his last 19 shots and is leading the conference in shooting at .750! Shocked But Robin (.556), TJ (.543) and Nik (.509) are all in the top ten. We are just shooting the ball amazingly well. I'm not sure if I should be nervous about that (since you would think we won't be shooting like that all year long) or excited that we've done it against good competition and that the guys have finally gotten into the system.

We are second overall in three-point shooting (.389) and TJ is leading the conference in both 3pt% (.565) and in 3pt made (2.6 per game).

As a team, we are tied for the lead in assists. TJ is second in the conference with 5.8 assists per game. Got to believe that TJ has helped with our shooting percentage too... he's been setting up guys really well.

Nik (4th, 16.7) and Robin (8th, 14.0) are both in the top ten in points per game as well.

Pretty cool stuff... gooooo Pilots!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Some Interesting Stats... Take a Look! Empty Re: Some Interesting Stats... Take a Look!

Post by onetouchfutbol Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:31 pm

Yeah, here's to hoping that our free throw % goes up again at least into the 70% range...

I'd love to see our attendance go up to closer to where LMU's is. The team deserves more fans. Overall, the stats are encouraging though...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Some Interesting Stats... Take a Look! Empty Re: Some Interesting Stats... Take a Look!

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:36 pm

Interesting. I am surprised our rebounding stats are not so hot.

The LMU attendance is based on one game, against Notre Dame! I suspect the subway alumni padded that total. But it would be great to move up to at least the SMU/SD range consistently. One step at a time.

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:14 am

It wont take too many more wins for fans who currently dont attend to take notice and show up... we just have to win some games consistently... fans flocked to games back in the 90's when we won!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:12 am

I hope so, the guys are really going to need some of that home court support against the teams they can beat in the WCC season. Then maybe they can pull off a home court upset of one of the big three with a phenomal game against SD,St Mary's, or highly unlikely against the zag's.

The road trip to BYU and Oregon are two games that could really be important for the Pilots in the long run.

First things first though, no let up against Eastern Washington,and Idaho because neither game will be a walk in the park.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:16 pm

During the radio post-game, it was mentioned that BYU has the longest home court winning streak in the country. Shocked And Mac Court is always difficult for visitors. I don't have high expectations.

Back to top Go down