Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumor: Bellotti to be UO AD; Chip Kelly new Coach

5 posters

Go down

Rumor: Bellotti to be UO AD; Chip Kelly new Coach Empty Rumor: Bellotti to be UO AD; Chip Kelly new Coach

Post by PilotNut Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:14 pm

According to the Oregonian: Link

Wow, I didnt see this one coming, but sounds like a good move... and Chip Kelly wont be going to Syracuse...

Edited to add: I should say I didnt see this coming right now, timing wise...
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Bellotti to be UO AD; Chip Kelly new Coach Empty Re: Rumor: Bellotti to be UO AD; Chip Kelly new Coach

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:12 pm

That's a huge surprise to me.

Good move keeping Chip Kelly, too.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Bellotti to be UO AD; Chip Kelly new Coach Empty Re: Rumor: Bellotti to be UO AD; Chip Kelly new Coach

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Listen to the teleconference ongoing.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducksfootball/index.ssf/2008/12/mike_bellotti_teleconference_l.html

It doesn't look like they are talking now, but at some indeterminate time in the future.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Purplegeezer wrote:It doesn't look like they are talking now, but at some indeterminate time in the future.

Like, after the upcoming bowl game?

I cant see Kelly being content to sit around for too long, in coaching purgatory... confused
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:27 pm

Kilkenny, Belotti, and Fronmeyer all refused to set a time line. My guess they want the Basketball arena to be set in stone before the change is made. They talked anywhere from after the bowl game to a couple years away.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:53 pm

Figure one or two years. Kilkenny will be moving on, maybe Bellotti will wear two hats for a year (Rich Brooks did that, as I recall). Ducks have a monster recruiting class that will be seniors in 2010. 2009 is a very favorable schedule. So look for a big year coming soon, and MB stepping out and up a winner.

Better than Fulmer at Tennessee. Last year, wins 10 games including a bowl game. This year, goes 5-7 for only second losing record in 17 years, and gets fired. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:35 pm

I would also guess that they will let Belotti sticks around to become the All time leader in wins for the Pac 10... I mean they can't have Don James ranked ahead of him now can they?? BTW I do like the continuity that the coach in waiting concept brings but at the same time it seems kind of silly for the coach who has to wait, plus how does that affect recruiting visits?? I mean do recruits from Kelly get the treatment that I'm an assistant now, but when I am head coach then I can do this, and also it would be like having 2 head coaches out there on recruiting visits, which seems like it would be fairly advantageous....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:00 pm

I think they panicked when Syracuse and others started talking about Kelly. I really thought Belotti would be looking for a new O.C. in January. Chip is just too good. My gut feeling is Belotti wants to coach football and hang onto the job. But when Phil Knight and Pat Kilkenny want something, they gonna get it!

I hope Chip will be free to choose his own assistants. With his rocket ship of an offense, combined with a new smash mouth, kick butt D.C., I think Kelly takes the Ducks into the top echelon for a long time. Cool
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down