Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Dutch Smeulders: WCC Player of the Week

4 posters

Go down

Double Dutch Smeulders: WCC Player of the Week Empty Double Dutch Smeulders: WCC Player of the Week

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Whatever you want to call him, it's great news to see a Pilot picked:

http://portlandpilots.com/news/2008/11/17/MBB_1117085418.aspx
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Double Dutch Smeulders: WCC Player of the Week Empty Re: Double Dutch Smeulders: WCC Player of the Week

Post by Stonehouse Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:08 pm

Sweet action!!!

Smeulders is deserving. I was kind of lost in the moment when watching the game in person... I caught it on a replay last night (one of the reasons I'm so tired today), and Smeulders was HUGE down the stretch. So clutch. He carried us for sure.

Also, him getting a T on that play with a minute left was total BS. He came up off the ground kind of fired up, but he didn't touch anybody and he had the ball. Brockman then came in and shoved him. Somehow, Robin ended up with a T. What's amazing is that the refs had the monitors and still called one on Robin. Whatever.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Double Dutch Smeulders: WCC Player of the Week Empty Re: Double Dutch Smeulders: WCC Player of the Week

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:21 pm

Very deserving. He played outstanding against Linfield too... I wouldn't be surprised if he's our leading scorer at the end of the year too....
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:54 pm

Yeah he deserved Player of Week. The Pilot's have to get prepared for those BS calls. Refs like to favor and protect "Star" players. Can you imagine what will happen when Robin,Kramer,or Ethan start hammering Pargo,Mills,Johnson and that toothpick from Gonzaga when they dare drive the lane on either three. Bradley Scotts conditioning program is starting to pay off for the team. Heck did you see the difference from last year that I did?

However,in retrospect one good thing about the game is UW can't whine about the call on the technical on that play.

How's about Nik's reverse layup, as Stoney would say , it was "Sweet".

MesaPilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down