Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canzano on Pooh

3 posters

Go down

Canzano on Pooh Empty Canzano on Pooh

Post by PilotNut Tue May 01, 2007 1:10 pm

Nice comments from Canzano in his blog today regarding Pooh Jeter (man, I miss watching him play)...

http://blog.oregonlive.com/johncanzano/2007/05/will_someone_give_pooh_an_nba.html

Last edited by on Tue May 01, 2007 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Canzano on Pooh Empty Re: Canzano on Pooh

Post by Rob's Jacket Tue May 01, 2007 5:13 pm

I really hope Pooh gets a shot - he's a great guy and he's a great player. But what really impresses me is not so much the scoring (we all know Pooh can score) but the assists: 7.1 apg during the regular season and 8.3 apg in the playoffs. I really think that the fact he didn't do that here is more an indictment of Holton's coaching than anything else.

I really hope I'm wrong on this one, but if Pooh makes it would he be UP's first NBA player since Jose Slaughter? Shocked (Greg Anthony doesn't count.)

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 875

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Tue May 01, 2007 5:17 pm

Might as well post this link from DeanMurdoch over on the OLive forum:

http://www.nba.com/media/dleague/dleague22_600_070427.jpg

Pooh is such an unbelievably classy guy.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 875

Back to top Go down

Post by lomiton Tue May 01, 2007 7:52 pm

I saw Jeter play several times this season. His game is much more suited to the pro game. He was one of the quickest guys in the league and he made good decisions on the fly. He played with guys that could put the ball in the hole which made him all the more dangerous. He needs to work on his outside shot, particularly the three ball. He was often a liability on the defensive end but it wasn't from a lack of interest.

I could definately see him as an off-pace 3rd guard with the right team in the Association. No doubt about it. I didn't so when I saw him play for the Pilots but I think so now. I hope he has an agent that can get him the right opportunity.

lomiton
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down