Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAD NEWS Blazer fans (Celtics Sign Darius Miles)

+2
DaTruRochin
aleppiek
6 posters

Go down

BAD NEWS Blazer fans (Celtics Sign Darius Miles) Empty BAD NEWS Blazer fans (Celtics Sign Darius Miles)

Post by aleppiek Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:39 am

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54111/20080822/celtics_sign_darius_miles/

Now lets just hope he flames out during camp...
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

BAD NEWS Blazer fans (Celtics Sign Darius Miles) Empty Re: BAD NEWS Blazer fans (Celtics Sign Darius Miles)

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:53 am

Yeah... I'm kinda bitter, but hey in all the exchanges I've had with Darius he's actually a pretty nice dude... He practically lived at the Blazers PF, at one point I was playing out there and he walked out and says "I got next" which his trainer shouted from the next room... "No you don't"

Anyway it completely makes sense for the Celtics, he has the ability to take the place of James Posey if he works out, and if there is anyone that can inspire him to work hard and realize his potential its Kevin Garnett... And if he does bow out... so be it, no big loss...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

BAD NEWS Blazer fans (Celtics Sign Darius Miles) Empty Re: BAD NEWS Blazer fans (Celtics Sign Darius Miles)

Post by aleppiek Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:02 am

I just hate the Cap implications for the blazers... however if he does come back I could see the blazers fighting it, as it was a league doc who ruled it career ending.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 am

DTR - are you sticking up for Darius Miles as a nice dude right now?? I can;t say I've met many nice dudes who have gotten in brawls at strips clubs and brandished and/or fired guns in public. I'm just sayin.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:11 am

You mean nice dudes don't often "make it rain"? I mean that Adam Jones fellow seems like a good guy... Razz
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:13 am

You make it rain in the clubs... the haters ensue... You can take the kid out of St. Louis, but can't take the Louie out of the kid... (Yes, I just typed that)

He actually does a TON of charity work anonymously and doesn't like getting attention for it (Which considering all of the aforementioned acts might be a good idea...) That said he is a serious cancer to the locker room and I wouldn't wish him within 2 states of the blazers... Maybe in OK City... Thunder... wow (sorry... different story..)

Ok I'm going to stop typing, this makes no sense..
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:15 am

What... on the record charity work gonna ruin his street cred?
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:20 am

Yeah I have no idea... I have a friend who works as a liaison with the players who said he donates a ton of money to different charities, but just doesn't like the attention for some reason...

I think its just a case of a kid being forced to grow up in the NBA, he never had the chance to mature and just never learned to compose himself... Hell you go straight from E St. Louis to #3 pick at age 18... it just doesn't bode well for maturity, especially if you surround yourself with the wrong people (cough) Z-Bo (cough)... Too bad.

But yeah, I hate the cap hit his contract gives (Nash and Patterson.... shudder) It may keep us from signing any big name FAs... but with the roster we have, that may not even be necessary... and if there's one thing KP likes, its a challenge...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:20 am

My take on Darius was that he's a nice enough guy that doesn't mean any ill will to anyone, but who also just isn't really all that committed to basketball or the organizations he is employed by. Basically... he's selfish in the sense that he just wants to go out there and play and get paid for it and not have to worry about all the other stuff that comes with it.

And in a lot of ways I am sympathetic to that... not that I want a person like that on my team, but just on the human level... Darius wants to do what he wants to do and that's that. I don't think that automatically makes him a bad guy. I think that just means that he doesn't have the fire or drive or responsibility to ever translate his natural physical ability into success on the court.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:23 am

DaTruRochin wrote:But yeah, I hate the cap hit his contract gives (Nash and Patterson.... shudder) It may keep us from signing any big name FAs... but with the roster we have, that may not even be necessary... and if there's one thing KP likes, its a challenge...

I wonder if it means he will be more likely to hang on to Raef and let his contract expire rather than doing a mid-season trade. I guess it depends on what kind of FAs will even be out there next year any way. I think a lot of people were secretly thinking about Chris Paul or Deron Williams, and they are both locked up now.

Raef's contract will be a huge trading chip, but if he needs to let it just expire to help shield the blow from Darius, then I guess I would be cool with it as long as it means they sign someone good.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:29 am

Yeah... they were... If it was up to KP, CP3 would have been drafted over Martell... Same with Al Jefferson over Telfair... Again, the Nash and Patterson brain trust.... whoops....

Who knows, I'm sure it all depends on how the season is going... how glaring the teams needs are and who is available. But you also have to remember with the team winning Allen is more than willing to open up his very deep pockets... Plus with the exodus of players to Europe, who knows what that will do for the salary cap in the future... I would expect it to be addressed soon, especially if the NBA doesn't want to risk losing any marquee players...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:31 pm

BAD NEWS Blazer fans (Celtics Sign Darius Miles) Pacman

Did someone say Adam Jones?

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:44 pm

Everyone knows Pacman was his alter ego... He "gave that up" Why you gotta bring up old stuff, live in the now!!! (It works for Jerry Jones)
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:10 pm

As far as I'm concerned, once Pacman, always Pacman.

Jeez . . .

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:50 pm

Nah, when he was Pacman, he was just bein' rebellion [sic].drunken

(listen to Jim Rome long enough and he'll play the sound bite again.)
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down