Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympic Swimming

5 posters

Go down

Olympic Swimming Empty Olympic Swimming

Post by PilotNut Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:29 am

Did anyone happen to catch the men's 4 x 100 Freestyle Relay last night?! Holy cow, that was an amazing finish by Lezack... I usually dont get that excited about a swimming race, but I was yelling at the TV for him that last 50 meters... WOW! Shocked

Did I mention that I am turning into a Summer Olympics junkie?!

(And how I will admit to actually watching some of the badminton competition?!) Wink

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Olympic Swimming Empty Re: Olympic Swimming

Post by aleppiek Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:35 am

My tv was tuned to some variant of NBC ALL WEEKEND LONG. It was also the first time that I was excited about getting up to feed my son in the middle of the night, its amazing how much more enjoyable those feedings are when there is a 2AM kickoff for a US Women's Olympic Soccer match.

But that race last night.... that was something else! Its always nice to beat someone after they talk that much trash.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:23 pm

That was probably one of the greatest sporting moments I have ever watched. I didn't get to see it until after I got off work today because I fell asleep before it went on last night. Luckily no one I saw today said anything about the race (stupid rednecks only watch NASCAR and SEC football) so it was like I watched it live. I was definitely jumping up and down at the finish heckling the froggies.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:32 pm

Did anyone else watch the post race interview? One of the US swimmers said something to the effect of "they told me this morning that the Frenchies were talking all kinds of smack, and I didn't even want to hear it" It was classic tv.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Olympic Swimming Empty Amazing

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:37 pm

And you can see it again at nbcolympics.com/video

You'll have to install Silverlight in your browser. It works on Macs (10.4+) and PCs (XP and Vista)

Most popular browsers including IE, Foxfire, and Safari.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11804
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Olympic Swimming Empty Don't Talk Smack...They Might Smack Back!

Post by FANatic Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:03 am

I saw it on video replay today. Pretty incredible last 30 meters or so. And Lezak beat the former world champion Frenchman Bernard! He was the one who said the French were going to "smash" the Americans.

When will athletes learn you just can't say that kind of thing in highly competitive sports. Let your fans talk "smack" - that's bad enough. But an athlete, no matter how good they are, is just asking for his/her comeuppance.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down