Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben Braun Fired from Cal... Garrett Sim to UP?

3 posters

Go down

Ben Braun Fired from Cal... Garrett Sim to UP? Empty Ben Braun Fired from Cal... Garrett Sim to UP?

Post by Stonehouse Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:18 pm

Saw it first on the USF board:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3313928

Cal has an LOI from Garrett Sim, a guard from Sunset HS who (I think) led Oregon in scoring this year. UP offered him a scholarship but he ended up at Cal... I have no idea if he would want out of his LOI, but if he did, he would be a great get.

Last edited by Stonehouse on Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Ben Braun Fired from Cal... Garrett Sim to UP? Empty Re: Ben Braun Fired from Cal... Garrett Sim to UP?

Post by PilotNut Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:30 pm

This could have impacts up and down the west coast... Will Cal go after Randy Bennett? Bill Grier?

It will be interesting to see who Cal hires in relation to who OSU hires. And the ensuing ripple effects for those 2 coaches' staffs...

This leaves so many open coaching positions on the west coast... and all the recruits that are looking to sign or have already signed may be looking elsewhere (a.k.a. UP)... my goodness. (And yes, Sim would look GREAT in purple!!) Very Happy

Last edited by PilotNut on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Ben Braun Fired from Cal... Garrett Sim to UP? Empty Re: Ben Braun Fired from Cal... Garrett Sim to UP?

Post by Stonehouse Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:21 am

Just a follow up on this... Garrett Sim has indeed asked for his release from Cal and it has been granted to him. Check out this quote from a Rivals.com story on it that was posted today:

"He's definitely looking in-state, in the (Pacific) Northwest, and in the South too," Mr. Sim said. "He hasn't made a decision yet but we will know more in the next few days."

It mentions that there is some Pac-10 interest in him (probably Oregon, who I know is hard after Brad Tinsley too), but wow wow wow... how sweet would it be if he landed to us? He was just named the 6A co-player of the year with Tinsley... gosh I would love to get some of this awesome Oregon talent to come play for us!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:54 pm

If it happens, I think this would be UP's biggest recruiting coup since Pooh signed.

Please God . . . ?

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:17 pm

Rob's Jacket wrote:Please God . . . ?

Yep... that's what we need to be doing right now. Prayer for the Pilots! Smile

Seriously though... there has been a lot talent coming out of Oregon for years now, and we just haven't ever been able to tap into it. And there is a lot more on the way too... the two Terrences from Jefferson (both sophomores this year) probably won't both be Top 5 nationally like Love and Singler were, but I bet they will both be top 20. And Singler's little bro is good, as is Mike Moser from Grant and Larry Richards from Roosevelt.

Anyway, I really think that if we can just get one high-level Oregon kid, it will really help put UP basketball on the map in terms of recruiting in the state.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:03 pm

Saw this on OregonLive today... no new info, but there is a mention of UP!

http://blog.oregonlive.com/highschool/2008/04/garrett_sim_released_from_scho.html

Our man Rochin54 already gave some Pilot love in the comment section... so should you all!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down