Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shane Moser

5 posters

Go down

Shane Moser Empty Shane Moser

Post by wrv Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:28 pm

Is listed on the Pilot roster for men's basketball. I assume he is a walk-on, though it is early to list walk-ons. I do think at this juncture Reveno is likely to wait to offer the scholarship next year. Thanks Pilot Nut for the change in password: it works. I am uncertain why my prior password stopped working . . .

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Shane Moser Empty Re: Shane Moser

Post by Stonehouse Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:19 pm

Yeah... he is a walk-on.

Looks like he can jump out of the gym though:

http://media.www.nicsentinel.com/media/storage/paper1128/news/2007/04/23/Sports/Nic-Hosts.High.School.AllStar.Game-2872612.shtml

Says here that he was named second-team all-state and averaged 17 points a game as a PG. Not too bad:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/416/v-print/story/76052.html

He's listed at 5'11", so maybe he can provide some back-up PG minutes here and there. And it sounds like he can shoot too (I read a couple of game recaps on Google that said he knocked down threes), so who knows... maybe he can play a role like Parker did last year - provide a lift off the bench from time to time.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemac65 Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:38 pm

Thanks for the info on Mosher. Its good to be getting the scoop on pilot hoops.

mikemac65
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by upsailor Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:31 pm

Moser makes it seven players listed as guards, tho' some may play as wings, their all back court people, With only one senior on the roster it doesn't give Reveno many options for the coming recruiting seaso n.
I feel we reallyneed to add a front court player, the bigger the better in my view.
It puzzles me a little that we have offered a scholarship to Sim atSunset.
He is a very good player, but with seven guardsat present, none of them seniors, I don't know

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:40 am

Yeah, but Sim is a legit PG as far as I know. Stohl and Raivio are more SGs, and Porter and Carter are definitely wing players, though I suppose they could slide over to the two as well. Moser is a walk on... don't think we can really count on him contributing much more than maybe a few minutes here and there.

It's always nice to have point guards on a two year cycle... Junior/Freshman and then Senior/Sophomore and starting over again at Junior/Freshman. That way there is always fluidity and consistency at the point and there are always experience guys running the offense.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MaizeBluePurple Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:08 am

I agree. You never really know what to expect from any freshmen/new walk on. Plus any time you have the option to get a good PG you need to go for it. If we cannot distribute the ball (or bring it up court for that matter) there is no chance the front court people can do much.
MaizeBluePurple
MaizeBluePurple
***PilotFans Donor***
***PilotFans Donor***

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down