Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abby Wambach Scores/Soars

Go down

Abby Wambach Scores/Soars Empty Abby Wambach Scores/Soars

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:44 pm

On the 11th anniversary of 9/11, Abby Wambach scored a 50 minute flight in an F-15 with the Montana Air National Guard out of Great Falls.

Apparently she was at the base to “promote teamwork and fitness” and promote “diversity, encouragement, and the empowerment of women.” Frankly that sounds like the public affairs officer was told to justify her flight. No need in my mind…..she represents the USA in all she does!

For her part, Abby stated, “I can’t believe that men and women around our country get to do this for a job (flying F-15s), I thought I had the coolest job in the world, I think that maybe I’m reconsidering, I mean, it was amazing.”

From experience, it IS the coolest thing in the world, Abby, but you’re pretty cool too.

Abby Wambach Scores/Soars Abby_f10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Abby Wambach Scores/Soars Empty Re: Abby Wambach Scores/Soars

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:32 am

Last night Abby Wambach became the highest goalscorer in international history.

Wambach surpassed former USWNT star Mia Hamm by scoring four goals against South Korea, giving Abby a total of 160 for the US women’s national team.....Hamm’s previous record-breaking total of 158 was deemed insurmountable by many, but Wambach has now scored 160 goals in 207 games.....Hamm scored 158 in 275 matches.

Of course it took a wonderful corner kick from Megan to set it up, but what a powerful header it was.....

You can find better, professional videos online, but I liked this one from Megan's perspective....
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down