Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University of Pacific Tigers join the WCC

+2
PilotNut
oldtimer
6 posters

Go down

University of Pacific Tigers join the WCC Empty University of Pacific Tigers join the WCC

Post by oldtimer Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Announced today on the www.wccsports.com website, the University of Pacific Tigers will join the WCC and compete starting in the 2013-2014 season.

I know a lot of schools were not happy with having 9 teams in the league as it caused problems in scheduling and travel. Now with an even 10 the conference will be able to get back to partner travel, most likely GU again pairing up with the Pilots.

I remember when U of Pacific was a pretty strong basketball school, most notable in 2005 I think, faring well in the top 25 rankings. They had a #1 draft pick as well but the last few years have been a low, and I mean low RPI team.

Thoughts?

oldtimer
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

University of Pacific Tigers join the WCC Empty Re: University of Pacific Tigers join the WCC

Post by PilotNut Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:55 pm

See the thread in the WCC forum here.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

University of Pacific Tigers join the WCC Empty Re: University of Pacific Tigers join the WCC

Post by wrv Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:46 am

If nine teams creates an awkward schedule of games and travel then let's hope Seattle joins when BYU leaves our conference for a larger school football conference, such as the Big Twelve.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:08 am

I don't see the Big 12 as a fit as long as they have to share TV revenue with Texas in Longhorn country.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Wow, that´s a change. I´m still pulling for Seattle U to join the conference at some point. It would be nice to be able to see U of P at Key Arena.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:08 pm

University of THE Pacific

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1396
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm

onetouchfutbol wrote:Wow, that´s a change. I´m still pulling for Seattle U to join the conference at some point. It would be nice to be able to see U of P at Key Arena.
Agreed! And, we should continue scheduling them in the non-conference for the time being. I got to see the Pilots embarrass SU at Key Arena in 2011.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1396
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down