Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots v Washington State

+3
Woodless!
PilotNut
PurplePrideTrumpet
7 posters

Go down

Pilots v Washington State Empty Pilots v Washington State

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Okay, so, on to the next one.

Reading up on the Cougars there are some similarities. Most of their scoring is gone in the form of Klay Thompson so they have some young big men who will need to develop this season. Sound familiar? They also have some decent guards who will need to step up and take the lead more this season. Sound familiar?

It's a Pac 12 school but there are worse opponents for the home opener. This one is very winnable considering how well we've done at home under Rev.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Pilots v Washington State Empty Re: Pilots v Washington State

Post by PilotNut Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:30 pm

THere is a good chance to scout the Cougs tonight; they are currently playing @ Gonzaga, in the first game of ESPN's 25 hours of college hoops kick off... St. Marys is up next at 11pm.

The Zags are raining 3's at the moment, 32-19 GU, 6:00 to go in the first... GU has made 9 3's already, only 2 FG's inside the arc so far... Shocked

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodless! Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:46 am

Hey, if anyone is thirsty before the game stop by the Alumni Relations Office at 6625 N Portsmouth before the game. It's officially Pilot Nation night over here. I'll be here around 5:30p. See you then...

drunken No pliny, sorry Mad
Woodless!
Woodless!
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:00 am

I'll be there to represent the non-alums.

For those of you who haven't heard, there will be no pasta pregame this year. Apparently there will be some food carts on the Mezzanine, but I'm not sure of the details.

There will also be no beer at the pilot club during halftime. Crying or Very sad Please direct all complaints attention Woodless! (Sorry, someone had to do it Twisted Evil )
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 am

blacksheep wrote:For those of you who haven't heard, there will be no pasta pregame this year.

Heresy! affraid
Rob's Jacket
Rob's Jacket
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 868

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:44 am

Rob's Jacket wrote:
blacksheep wrote:For those of you who haven't heard, there will be no pasta pregame this year.

Heresy! affraid

Agreed, but I think food carts could be an improvement (except the no beer).

Just to be clear, since I didn't use the sarcasm font, the no beer isn't Woodless!'s fault. The WCC has been pressuring for this change.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:16 pm

I am anxious to see how the food "carts" / booths work out... they will be located on the mezzanine, under the north stands (so opposite of where the Pilot Club is now); they have cleared out that area that previously was used for batting cages, storage, etc... so there is a lot of space, and the potential to be a cool area & idea....

but....

Will people really want to come eat a festive pre-game meal there if they cant have a delicious beer or wine to accompany it? Especially when the T-Room and Portsmouth Club are right down the street with great food and beer/wine?

The lack of beer this season is disappointing... in all seriousness, let the Athletics Dept. and Pilot Club folks know your thoughts; that is a way to press for change. Let Larry Williams or Melissa Harteloo know how you feel!

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodless! Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks, PilotNut, I am off the hook...seriously, though, you guys should head over to my office before the game on Sunday.
Woodless!
Woodless!
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:20 pm

PilotNut wrote:
The lack of beer this season is disappointing... in all seriousness, let the Athletics Dept. and Pilot Club folks know your thoughts; that is a way to press for change. Let Larry Williams or Melissa Harteloo know how you feel!
Although I have yet to receive “the letter” from the Pilot Club outlining the changes, I think there should be a bit fuller disclosure:

I fully expect there will be beer (and probably wine) in the HOF Room before the game and at half-time for all Pilot Club members at the $1000 level. Additionally, for those who do not like to drink and walk, all $1000 level members will have reserved parking in the lot on Portsmouth across the street from the Chiles Center.

As paying Pilot Club members we should indeed let Larry and Melissa know what’s good and what’s not so good, but to be clear, I don’t believe it was Melissa’s idea or decision to restrict beer. Inputs are made by the lieutenants, but all decisions are made by the generals; in this case probably Larry Williams and Jim Lyons.

I too look forward to the evolution of the food booths/carts; they will get better over time, but only with our input.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11095
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by dholcombe Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:12 pm

I don't recall there being any incidents resulting from the beer in the P club. Was the WCC really putting that much pressure on the U?

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:48 pm

I love the Alumni House offer, Woodless! Thank you for the invite!

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down