Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYUtv to Broadcast WCC Tourney Games

+15
PurplePrideTrumpet
BYUBreakingSportsnew
NorCalCoug
Rob's Jacket
Rochin54
Urika
mattywizz
Stonehouse
pilotram
blacksheep
MaizeBluePurple
onetouchfutbol
Geezaldinho
PilotNut
DaTruRochin
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BYUtv to Broadcast WCC Tourney Games Empty BYUtv to Broadcast WCC Tourney Games

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:20 am

THIS year! (Well according to this thread on one of the BYU boards: http://www.cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=7387&p=75458 )

If true, it's a pretty savvy move to set this up by the commish, and a nice good faith effort on BYUs behalf to show the conference a little love before they even join the conference. It will give those opening round games national audiences (In HD where available.), and a chance for all the loyal WCC followers stuck at home a chance to watch every game! I'm fairly certain Comcast and DirectTV both get this channel, so the majority of the viewing audience should be reached in the PNW (Unless of course you are me and you don't have either of those cable feeds Hitting my head agai )
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

BYUtv to Broadcast WCC Tourney Games Empty Re: BYUtv to Broadcast WCC Tourney Games

Post by PilotNut Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:37 am

This is excellent news... This is exactly the type of benefit that BYU brings to the table. The profile of the WCC will be greatly raised with their support.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

BYUtv to Broadcast WCC Tourney Games Empty Re: BYUtv to Broadcast WCC Tourney Games

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:39 am

Yup, Direct TV has it.

Smart move by BYU, too. Rit now they have a children's choir on. Very nice, but I 'm pretty sure WCC tourney games will draw better.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:48 am

Yeah, and this is just the beginning too, having access to this channel should get a ton of other regular season games televised as well. And not just in basketball, I'm sure we'll get to see a bunch of other WCC sports televised in the near future. Great news for sports fans, not so great if you are a children's choir aficionado...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:19 am

Yeah, that BYU team is no joke right now...still #2 in RPI with the 11th toughest schedule in the country. I'll be really curious to see how they do without Jimmer next year. He must have an above average supporting cast for them to be 22-2 with that schedule...

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_305_Men.html

I mean they have 11 quality wins over top 100 RPI teams so far (Utah St, St. Mary's, Vermont, Arizona, UTEP, UNLV-twice, Air Force-twice, San Diego State). Ridiculous.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MaizeBluePurple Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:32 am

Dish network also has it, but not in HD.
MaizeBluePurple
MaizeBluePurple
***PilotFans Donor***
***PilotFans Donor***

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:46 am

Comcast has it, but it is not HD, IIRC.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:49 am

Well I guess beggars can't be choosers, but hey with enough Pliny in the system, HD looks like SD anyway... Cheers!
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:52 am

DaTruRochin wrote:Well I guess beggars can't be choosers, but hey with enough Pliny in the system, HD looks like SD anyway... Cheers!

Yeah, but SD looks like the internet feeds Cheers!
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:54 am

Hahahaha, thats what I usually watch anyway... So it would just be normal viewing for yours truly.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Him and Emory are gone next year. BYU will be a .500 team, maybe.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:45 pm

It would be great if they were to do it, BUT... this has only appeared on a BYU message board. Until I see confirmation from BYUtv or the WCC, I wouldn't take this as a sure thing by any means.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:55 pm

(That's why I put a parenthesized grain of salt in my opening line)

And yeah I suppose broadcasting WCC games would take away time from the upcoming 12 episode biopic piece "Prison to Provo: The Jimmer Story"...

It probably also depends on how much the BYU AD decides they want to spite the MWC....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:58 pm

I have BYUtv on my favorites list! This is great news.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:57 am

pilotram wrote:Him and Emory are gone next year. BYU will be a .500 team, maybe.

I seriously doubt it. This year they are 22-2 with a tougher schedule than anyone in the WCC by far. Playing in the WCC is actually going to lower their strength of schedule. It doesn't usually work that way for independents. Those two players must have a solid surrounding cast for them to be able to beat teams like Arizona and UNLV.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

BYUtv to Broadcast WCC Tourney Games Empty WCC Tournament Friday and Saturday on BYUtv

Post by Urika Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:29 am

For Pilot Nation unable to travel to Vegas. Confirmed from their website that BYUtv will televise Friday and Saturday WCC action.

http://www.byutv.org/schedule/2011/04/03/
http://www.byutv.org/schedule/2011/05/03/

Channel 374 on DirecTV

Urika
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:50 pm

Channel 234 on Comcast NW.

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:44 pm

I can't believe BYUtv is not in HD. But College Basketball shows up in the guide on Saturday night. Wonderful, can't wait to watch.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Yeah! I've got it on my DirectTV package. One thing is for sure... I won't be tuning into the LDS programming in the days leading up to the game...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:22 am

Channel 9397 on dishnetwork. It says I have it, but I'm not even sure the channels even go up that high!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:55 am

To be followed by "Jimmer Time: The Story of Jimmer."
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:50 am

Will wccsports.com be webcasting the games as in past years? I've really enjoyed being able to watch the first rounds for free.

/too lazy to check for myself

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalCoug Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Long time BYU fan here. Just to address a couple of questions/points brought up in this thread:

BYUTV does have an HD feed as of early 2011. It is available OTA (Over the Air) in Utah but whether or not folks get the channel in HD depends upon the satellite and cable carriers picking up the HD feed. As of right now, there isn't widespread traction. Unfortunately, most will be stuck with a SD signal.

I don't know whether or not wccsports.com will pick up the live feed of the game but if it is on BYUTV then I'm 99.99% sure that you can watch the game on byutv.org which is free and is an HD stream.

NorCalCoug
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks NorCalCoug and welcome. Good luck in trying to get a #1 seed come tourney time. With that schedule and your high RPI rating, BYU is pretty deserving... If you don't get a #1, it will likely be a #2...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by BYUBreakingSportsnew Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:31 pm

They have only been HD about 2 months now. The online streaming works very well. Better than ESPN3. It is HD.

ESPN and BYU are very much tied at the hip and that should help get BYUtv on to Directv HD line up soon.

Can not wait to be in the WCC with you all!

BYUBreakingSportsnew
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next