Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canzano's Most Influential list 2010

2 posters

Go down

Canzano's Most Influential list 2010 Empty Canzano's Most Influential list 2010

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:49 pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2010/07/top-25-influential-oregon-sports-2010.html

No surprise at the very top. He just flipped Allen and Knight at the top and put Kelly in there where Bellotti would have been. Then, just like every year, there are the puzzling entries. Dana Altman, who hasn't coached a game yet, a couple Blazers execs nobody outside the media knows about, and Rich Cho, who just got here last week.

The real shocker is at #5. The Timbers Army. Yes, you read that right. I mean, yes, we were a big help in getting MLS here, but I don't think of us a as a "political organization." I'm just there for the football.

Still no Pilots on there, but Clive is at least listed as "also considered." Well, if you want to look at people who made Portland into Soccer City USA, Clive contributed in multiple roles. Some sportswriters need to study history...
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Canzano's Most Influential list 2010 Empty Re: Canzano's Most Influential list 2010

Post by DaTruRochin Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:09 am

Haha yeah, odd that the guy who preached for the last few years that the MLS is a waste of time and the NHL is the answer all of a sudden put the TA at #5... If nothing else I guess it provides a lovely example of the word "pandering" for schoolchildren all across the tri county area. Rolling Eyes
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down