Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Room memories...

+3
Rochin54
PurplePrideTrumpet
onetouchfutbol
7 posters

Go down

T-Room memories... Empty T-Room memories...

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Fr. Pat Hannon, CSC, wrote a great article about the Twilight Room on p. 20 of the most recent Spring 2010 issue of Portland Magazine. Reading it definitely brought back a lot of memories of playing pool there, signing the ceiling, watching a few soccer games there, and the story of how it became the official UP bar. Great article. What are your memories?
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

T-Room memories... Empty Re: T-Room memories...

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:18 pm

The T-Room is where I first met someone in the Timbers Army. I saw him and a couple others in the stands at Merlo later that night (ohhh_yeah was there). You know the rest...
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:50 am

I haven't had the chance to read the article yet, but I know one of my favorite memories occurred on karaoke night (friday?). One of our friends did an amazing rendition of Sweet Caroline, complete with the riding of a chair to the ground (hard to explain). The next song, we had the whole bar standing on tables and chairs singing "Proud to be an American" After the song was over, we started a great U-S-A, U-S-A chant. Fantastic.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhh_yeah Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:24 am

memories from the t-room??? nope never had one the next day... what am i doing wrong??? Twisted Evil
ohhh_yeah
ohhh_yeah
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:22 pm

Someone was getting kicked out by force, and it took most of the staff to do so. One of the patrons took this as an opportunity to fill up her pitcher again behind the bar while no one was looking. Of course, someone was looking, and she was promptly thrown out with the other guy. Fun seeing her try it, though.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:45 pm

pilotram wrote:Someone was getting kicked out by force, and it took most of the staff to do so. One of the patrons took this as an opportunity to fill up her pitcher again behind the bar while no one was looking. Of course, someone was looking, and she was promptly thrown out with the other guy. Fun seeing her try it, though.
So was it Stonehouse or DTR who got 86ed that night? Or both? clown
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Me? Never! I don't get rowdy, just incredibly sarcastic....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:06 am

I have always been disappointed that I could never find my name again.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:15 pm

This is NOT the T-Room most of us frequent, it is the T-Room Annex (P-Club/Portsmouth Club) across the street.

From the Oregonian this morning:
Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian has filed formal charges of unlawful discrimination against Portland’s Twilight Room Annex, formerly known as the P Club.

The charges are the first commissioner’s complaint filed under the 2007 Oregon Equality Act, a law to protect the rights of gays, lesbians, bisexual and transgender Oregonians in employment, housing and public places.

The bureau's civil rights division began investigating the club last summer after owner Chris Penner told a group of transgender customers not to return to the bar.

"People think that A: We're a tranny bar, or B: We're a gay bar," Penner said in a July 2012 message left on one of the Rose City T-Girls' voicemail. "We are neither. People are not coming in because they just don't want to be here on a Friday night now."

The bureau interviewed the T-Girls, as well as Penner's employees and other customers.
T-Room memories... Portsm10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down