Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oregonian Sports Front Page Feature

2 posters

Go down

Oregonian Sports Front Page Feature Empty Oregonian Sports Front Page Feature

Post by FANatic Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:23 am

Great feature on Pilots by Bo Herzog after a 20 minute soul-searching team meeting the Pilots had after their win over Yale last Sunday.

Lots of player and coach's quotes. Great insight into team's current psyche as they deal with missing five starters due to injury and call-ups.

If you don't subscribe to the Oregonian, I suggest you buy today's edition. It's the main, (and the largest), article on the sports section's front page with big and full color pictures of the five missing players, and a well written article by Mr. Herzog (as usual). Typically, this type of feature is reserved for the Trailblazers. The Oregonian's coverage of the Pilots this season is the best I have ever seen, and probably reflects the growing popularity of the team. Congratulations Pilots - you more than deserve it.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Oregonian Sports Front Page Feature Empty Re: Oregonian Sports Front Page Feature

Post by Stonehouse Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:02 am

FANatic wrote:and a well written article by Mr. Herzog (as usual).

We'll agree to disagree on that point! Smile

Thanks for the info on the actual paper though... I don't subscribe either and have to rely on OregonLive, so it's great to hear that it's so prominently featured.

Still... it's frustrating that this is the angle he took. As a friend of mine just e-mailed me (yes, I e-mail about Pilot soccer with friends!): "Abby Haight would have taken the ‘perservered and triumphed amid all of the losses,’ he took the ‘damaging mental state and mass confusion’ approach."
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down